Chelsio 40gb Tuning

kspare

Guru
Joined
Feb 19, 2015
Messages
508
<div class="bbWrapper">We are a pfsense/truenas shop, so getting pretty good at freebsd. <br /> <br /> With the recent pfsense updates I ran into an issue where I had to run a tunable (hw.cxgbe.niccaps_allowed=1) on my pfsense boxes to get the performance back.<br /> <br /> I noticed on truenas though this setting is hw.cxgbe.niccaps_allowed=33<br /> <br /> I can't find any documentation on why 33 vs 1<br /> <br /> Is anyone familiar?</div>
 

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
Moderator
iXsystems
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
5,112
<div class="bbWrapper">Pretty sure these are bitmasks rather than integers, so it's not a &quot;more number better&quot; scenario but rather &quot;we're enabling capacities X Y and Z&quot;. I'd probably have to ping engineering or maybe a Chelsio driver engineer for clarity on this one, but I suspect that TrueNAS needs more things toggled on for the sake of TOE/iSCSI/etc versus pfSense which is doing routing only.</div>
 

kspare

Guru
Joined
Feb 19, 2015
Messages
508
<div class="bbWrapper">If you don't mind? I don't want any of those features on anyway. and the documentation doesn't actually list anything?</div>
 
Top