3 minute read.Last Modified 2023-11-17 15:51 EST
In addition to the main TrueCommand Dashboard that shows individual system widgets (information cards) with performance information for each system managed by TrueCommand, release 3.0 introduces a new Fleet Dashboard with new function widgets.
The Fleet Dashboard provides an overview of system information organized into six widgets:
- Systems - Lists each system managed by TrueCommand.
- Alerts - Lists alerts detected on systems managed by TrueCommand.
- Pools - Lists all pools detected on systems managed by TrueCommand.
- Shares - Lists all shares (SMB, NFS) detected on systems managed by TrueCommand.
- Data Protection - Lists data protection tasks configured on TrueNAS systems and detected by TrueCommand.
- S.M.A.R.T. Results - Shows the number of S.M.A.R.T. tests completed on TrueNAS systems and detected by TrueCommand.
To view more information on shares, replication, pools, and alerts, go to the setting menu option an open the related system or alert screen.
The Systems widget lists all systems added to and managed by TrueCommand.
The card includes the SYSTEM button that opens the New System screen, and the system options menu that provides access to other functions available to each system managed by the TrueCommand interface.
To access system details and management functions, click the gearicon, then select either System Inventory, or if an administration user, Systems to open those screens.
Available to administrator users. Non-administrator users have access to some of the options, but only for systems they have permission to access.
The stacked doticon opens the system options menu.
The system options menu links to other tasks.
- Edit opens the Edit system window for the TrueNAS connection. Only available for administrator users.
- Users and Groups opens the TrueNAS Users screen where you can add or manage TrueNAS users and groups.
- Update opens the Update NAS window if updates are available for the TrueNAS system.
- Launch TrueNAS Interface opens a new tab with the sign in screen for the TrueNAS Web UI (SCALE or CORE).
- Services opens the Services screen listing the services for the TrueNAS system.
- Config Backups that opens the Config Backups screen.
- Delete opens the Delete system dialog used to remove the TrueNAS system from TrueCommand.
The Alerts widget lists alerts detected by TrueCommand and provides the option to dismiss each alert.
For more alert options, click the gear Alert Management for further information.icon, then select All Alerts to open the Alerts screen and access more alert management options. See
The Pools widget displays pools configured on each NAS system added to and managed by TrueCommand.
The Shares widget lists all shares by type (SMB, NFS) detected on systems added to and managed by TrueCommand.
Active shares display the type in green with a checkmark that indicates the service starts automatically after a system reboot.
The Data Protection widget lists all data protection tasks detected on the systems added to and managed by TrueCommand.
Tasks include replication, rsync, cloud sync, periodic snapshot tasks, and S.M.A.R.T. tests configured and scheduled on the TrueNAS system.
The S.M.A.R.T. Results widget displays the number of successful S.M.A.R.T. tests performed on each system added to and managed by TrueCommand.