3 minute read.Last Modified 2023-11-08 16:14 EST
Thank you for trying TrueCommand! This Guide walks you through the initial installation and set up of TrueCommand.
Deploying a TrueCommand container requires these minimum specifications:
- Docker Environment (64-bit AMD or Intel system)
- 2GB of RAM (recommended minimum)
- 20GB of disk space (recommended minimum)
Deploying TrueCommand Cloud requires:
- WireGuard for secure VPN access to the TrueCommand instance.
- An iXsystems Portal account.
- A valid credit card when purchasing a TrueCommand license.
Due to the changes in integrating with the TrueNAS middleware, the minimum version for full-support of functionality has changed with TrueCommand 2.0:
FreeNAS/TrueNAS 11.3 series - No longer supported. Does not provide realtime statistics or storage information, but you can still connect to them and use TrueCommand to initiate updates.
TrueNAS 12 CORE/Enterprise - Supported after 12.0-U3. 12.0-U2.1 and older are missing some key metrics in the realtime stats (disk/network usage metrics in particular), but work otherwise.
We recommend upgrading to the latest publicly available release of CORE to migrate from deprecated services and features and access improvements in the CORE platform.
TrueNAS SCALE 21.03+ - Fully Supported (SCALE-20.12+ is supported excluding cluster functionality). We recommend upgrading to the latest publicly available release of SCALE.
Due to changes in supported services and features, upgrade to Bluefin (22.12.4 latest release) to migrate from deprecated services, then upgrade to Cobia (23.10.0).
Due to the change in database between the 1.x and 2.x versions of TrueCommand, there is an automatic database migration routine that runs the first time you start up the v2.0 image of TrueCommand.
- User accounts
- System Registrations
- System Groups
- TrueCommand System Configuration
- NAS configuration backups
Information not migrated due to drastic changes in how these are performed now:
- Historical metrics from NAS systems
- Alerts (both rules and notices)
- User-defined reports
- Security Logs
When you are using an LDAP-enabled system for user logins, have your non-LDAP admin user credentials at hand before updating. The LDAP integration systems between 1.x and 2.x are different, and you need to login to verify that everything is still configured properly after the migration.
- TrueCommand 3.0 Release Notes: Highlights and change log for the latest TrueCommand releases.
- Installing or Updating: Guides to install or update TrueCommand.
- Installing TrueCommand Cloud: Describes the steps for installing TrueCommand Cloud.
- Installing the TrueCommand Container using Docker on Linux.: Describes the steps to install the TrueCommand container in Docker on Linux.
- Update Docker: Describes how to update TrueCommand installed in a Docker container.
- Migrate Legacy to 1.2+: Describes how to migrate legacy versions of TrueCommand.
- Creating the Admin Account: Describes how to create the administrator account in TrueCommand.
- Interface Overview: Defines the icons, provides links to articles for each function, and explains where to access alerts on the TrueCommand interface.
- Completing the Initial Configuration: Describes how to initially configure TrueCommand and provides information on the Administration screen to add certificates, licenses, configure LDAP, SSL, and alert settings.
- Connecting the First TrueNAS System: Provides instruction on connecting the first TrueNAS system in TrueCommand and adding, managing, and deleting systems and system groups.
- Creating User Accounts: Describes how to create user accounts in TrueCommand.
- TrueCommand Support: List of portals and options for support with TrueCommand.