TrueCommand Version DocumentationThis content follows TrueCommand 2.3 releases. Use the Product and Version selectors above to view content specific to TrueNAS software or major versions.
3 minute read.Last Modified 2023-09-01 13:04 EDT
Thank you for trying TrueCommand! This Guide walks you through the initial installation and set up of TrueCommand.
Deploying a TrueCommand container requires these minimum specifications:
- Docker Environment (64-bit AMD or Intel system)
- 2GB of RAM (recommended minimum)
- 20GB of disk space (recommended minimum)
Deploying TrueCommand Cloud requires:
- WireGuard for secure VPN access to the TrueCommand instance.
- An iXsystems Portal account.
- A valid credit card when purchasing a TrueCommand license.
Due to the changes in integrating with the TrueNAS middleware, the minimum version for full-support of functionality has changed with TrueCommand 2.0:
- FreeNAS/TrueNAS 11.3 series - No longer supported. Does not provide realtime statistics or storage information, but you can still connect to them and use TrueCommand to initiate updates.
- TrueNAS 12 CORE/Enterprise - Supported after 12.0-U3. 12.0-U2.1 and older are missing some key metrics in the realtime stats (disk/network usage metrics in particular), but work otherwise.
- TrueNAS SCALE 21.03+ - Fully Supported (SCALE-20.12+ is supported excluding cluster functionality)
Due to the change in database between the 1.x and 2.x versions of TrueCommand, there is an automatic database migration routine that will run the first time you start up the v2.0 image of TrueCommand.
- User accounts
- System Registrations
- System Groups
- TrueCommand System Configuration
- NAS configuration backups
Information NOT migrated due to drastic changes in how these are performed now.
- Historical metrics from NAS’s
- Alerts (both rules and notices)
- User-defined reports
- Security Logs
When you are using an LDAP-enabled system for user logins, please have your non-LDAP admin user credentials handy before updating. The LDAP integration systems between 1.x and 2.x are different, and you need to login and verify that everything is still configured properly after the migration.
- TrueCommand 2.1 - 2.3 Release Notes: Highlights and change log for the latest TrueCommand public releases.
- Installing or Updating: Guides to install or update TrueCommand.
- Installing TrueCommand Cloud: Describes the steps for installing TrueCommand Cloud.
- Installing the TrueCommand Container using Docker on Linux.: Describes the steps to install the TrueCommand container in Docker on Linux.
- Update Docker: Describes how to update TrueCommand installed in a Docker container.
- Migrate Legacy to 1.2+: Describes how to migrate legacy versions of TrueCommand.
- TrueCommand Update Options: Descriptions of the various requirements and methods for updating TrueCommand.
- Creating the Admin Account: Describes how to create the administrator account in TrueCommand.
- Creating the Initial Configuration: Describes how to initially configure TrueCommand.
- Creating User Accounts: Describes how to create user accounts in TrueCommand.
- Interface Overview: Defines the icons, provides links to articles for each function, and explains where to access alerts on the TrueCommand interface.
- Connecting Your First TrueNAS System: Describes how to connect your first TrueNAS system in TrueCommand.
- Clusters Screen: Option descriptions in the TrueCommand Clusters menu.