4 minute read.Last Modified 2023-10-26 16:14 EDT
SCALE system management options are collected in this section of the UI and organized into a few different screens:
Update controls when the system applies a new version. There are options to download and install an update, have the system check daily and stage updates, or apply a manual update file to the system.
General shows system details and has basic, less intrusive management options, including web interface access, localization, and NTP server connections. This is also where users can input an Enterprise license or create a software bug ticket.
Advanced contains options that are more central to the system configuration or meant for advanced users. Specific options include configuring the system console, log, and dataset pool, managing sessions, adding custom system controls, kernel-level settings, scheduled scripting or commands, global two-factor authentication, and determining any isolated GPU devices. Warning: Advanced settings can be disruptive to system function if misconfigured.
Boot lists each ZFS boot environment stored on the system. These restore the system to a previous version or specific point in time.
Services displays each system component that runs continuously in the background. These typically control data sharing or other external access to the system. Individual services have their own configuration screens and activation toggles, and can be set to run automatically.
Shell allows users to use the TrueNAS Operating System command-line interface (CLI) directly in the web UI. Includes an experimental TrueNAS SCALE-specific CLI for configuring the system separately from the web interface. See the CLI Reference Guide for more information.
Alert Settings allows users to configure Alert Services and to adjust the threshold and frequency of various alert types. See Alerts Settings Screens for more information.
Enclosure appears when the system is attached to compatible SCALE hardware. This is a visual representation of the system with additional details about disks and other physical hardware components.
- Updating SCALE: Provides instructions on updating SCALE releases in the UI.
- Updating SCALE Enterprise HA: Provides instructions on how to update SCALE releases on Enterprise (HA) systems.
- General Settings: Tutorials for configuring many general TrueNAS SCALE settings.
- Managing the System Configuration: Provides information on downloading your TrueNAS SCALE configuration to back up system settings, uploading a new configuration file, and resetting back to default settings.
- Managing General Settings: Provides information on configuring GUI options, localizing TrueNAS SCALE to your region and language, and adding NTP servers.
- Adding a License and Proactive Support: Provides instructions for SCALE Enterprise users to add their system license and set up proactive support.
- Setting Up System Email: Provides instructions on configuring email using SMTP or GMail OAuth and setting up the email alert service in SCALE.
- Advanced Settings: Tutorials for configuring advanced system settings in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing Cron Jobs: Provides information on adding or modifying cron jobs in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing the Console Setup Menu: Provides information on the Console setup menu configuration settings including the serial port, port speed, password protection, and the banner users see.
- Managing System Logging: Provides information on setting up or changing the syslog server, the level of logging and the information included in the logs, and using TLS as the transport protocol.
- Managing Init/Shutdown Scripts: Provides information on adding or modifying init/shutdown scripts in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing SEDs: Provides information on adding or modifying self-encrypting drive (SED) user and global passwords in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing GPUs: Provides information on isolating Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) installed in your system.
- Managing Global 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication): Provides information on SCALE two-factor authentication, setting it up, and logging in with it enabled.
- Managing Boot Environments: Provides instructions on managing TrueNAS SCALE boot environments.
- Services: Tutorials for TrueNAS SCALE services.
- FTP: Provides instructions on configuring the FTP service including storage, user, and access permissions.
- NFS: Provides information on configuring NFS service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- S.M.A.R.T.: Provides information on S.M.A.R.T. service screen settings.
- SMB: Provides instructions on configuring the SMB service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- SNMP: Provides information on configuring SNMP service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- SSH: Provides information on configuring the SSH service in TrueNAS SCALE and using an SFTP connection.
- UPS: Provides information on configuring UPS service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Using Shell: Provides information on using the TrueNAS SCALE Shell.