2 minute read.Last Modified 2023-11-17 15:28 EST
File sharing is one of the primary benefits of a NAS. TrueNAS helps foster collaboration between users through network shares.
TrueNAS SCALE allows users to create and configure Windows SMB shares, Unix (NFS) shares, and block (iSCSI) shares targets.
When creating zvols for shares, avoid giving them names with capital letters or spaces since they can cause problems and failures with iSCSI and NFS shares.
- AFP Migration: Provides information on migrating AFP shares from CORE to SCALE.
- Block Shares (iSCSI): Describes the iSCSI protocol and has tutorials for various configuration scenarios.
- Adding iSCSI Block Shares: Provides instructions on setting up iSCSI block shares manually or using the wizard and starting the service.
- Using an iSCSI Share: Provides information on setting up a Linux or Windows system to use a TrueNAS-configured iSCSI block share.
- Increasing iSCSI Available Storage: Provides information on increasing available storage in zvols and file LUNs for iSCSI block shares.
- Adding NFS Shares: Provides instructions on adding NFS shares, starting NFS service, and accessing the share.
- Multiprotocol Shares: Provides instructions on setting up SMB and NFSv4 mixed-mode shares.
- Windows Shares (SMB): Tutorials for creating and managing various specific configurations of SMB share.
- Adding SMB Shares: Provides instructions to add an SMB share, start the service, and mount the share.
- Managing SMB Shares: Provides instructions on managing existing SMB share permissions, adding share ACLs, and managing file system ACLs.
- Adding a Basic Time Machine SMB Share: Provides instructions to adding an SMB share and enabling basic time machine.
- Using SMB Shadow Copy: Provides information on SMB share shadow copies, enabling shadow copies, and resolving an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 v2004 release.
- Setting Up SMB Home Shares: Provides instructions to set up SMB home shares.
- SMB Share MacOS Client Limitations When Using Decomposed Unicode Characters: Provides information on SMB share MacOS client limitation when using decomposed unicode characters.
- Setting Up SMB Multichannel: Provides information on setting up SMB multichannel.