3 minute read.Last Modified 2023-12-05 13:24 EST
SCALE Credential options are collected in this section of the UI and organized into a few different screens:
Local Users allows those with permissions to add, configure, and delete users on the system. There are options to search for keywords in usernames, display or hide user characteristics, and toggle whether the system shows built-in users.
Local Groups allows those with permissions to add, configure, and delete user groups on the system. There are options to search for keywords in group names, display or hide group characteristics, and toggle whether the system shows built-in groups.
Directory Services contains options to edit directory domain and account settings, set up Idmapping, and configure access and authentication protocols. Specific options include configuring Kerberos realms and key tables (keytab), as well as setting up LDAP validation.
Backup Credentials stores credentials for cloud backup services, SSH Connections, and SSH Keypairs. Users can set up backup credentials with cloud and SSH clients to back up data in case of drive failure.
Certificates contains all the information for certificates, certificate signing requests, certificate authorities, and DNS-authenticators. TrueNAS comes equipped with an internal, self-signed certificate that enables encrypted access to the web interface, but users can make custom certificates for authentication and validation while sharing data.
2FA allows users to set up Two-Factor Authentication for their system. Users can set up 2FA, then link the system to an authenticator app (such as Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, etc.) on a mobile device.
- Using Rootless Login: Explains rootless login and related functions. Provides instructions on properly configuring SSH and working with the admin and root user passwords.
- Managing Users: Provides instructions on adding and managing the administrator and local user accounts.
- Managing Local Groups: Provides instructions to manage local groups.
- Setting Up Directory Services: Tutorials for configuring the various directory service credentials.
- Configuring Active Directory: Provides instructions on configuring Active Directory in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring LDAP: Provides instructions on configuring and managing LDAP in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring Kerberos: Provides instructions on configuring and managing Kerberos realms and keytabs in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring IDMap: Provides instructions on configuring and managing ID mapping in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Backup Credentials: Backup credential tutorials for integrating TrueNAS SCALE with cloud storage providers by setting up SSH connections and keypairs.
- Adding Cloud Credentials: Provides basic instructions on how to add backup cloud credentials and more detailed instructions for some cloud storage providers.
- Adding SSH Credentials: Provides information on adding SSH connections, generating SSH keypairs, and adding the SSH public key to the root user.
- Certificates: Information about adding and managing certificates, CSRs, CAs and ACME DNS-Authenticators in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing Certificates: Provides information on adding or managing SCALE certificates.
- Managing Certificate Authorities: Provides basic instructions on adding and managing SCALE certificate authorities (CAs).
- Managing Certificate Signing Requests: Provides basic instructions on adding and managing SCALE certificate signing requests (CSRs).
- Adding ACME DNS-Authenticators: Provides basic instructions on adding and managing SCALE ACME DNS-authenticators.
- Creating ACME Certificates: Provides information on generating ACME certificates in TrueNAS SCALE using Let's Encrypt.
- Configuring KMIP: Describes how to configure KMIP on TrueNAS SCALE Enterprise.